Have your next party at Parts and Crafts!
We can host parties for kids ages 7 and up, as well as teens and grownups. Kids will work on projects, learn skills, and build things together using a variety of art, technology, and engineering techniques and materials.
Design Your Event
Design your own birthday party! We have a wide range of options — everything from lightsaber building to miniature food to video game design to cardboard puppetry. These interests can be project-types — woodworking, electronics, computer programming, painting, sculpture — but they can also be ideas and themes — Star Wars, Minecraft, space travel, zombies — anything that might inspire a project idea.
Have an idea for a party theme? Tell us what you’re excited about!
- Parties can be scheduled Saturday afternoon (3:30pm), Sunday (12:30pm or 3:30pm), or weekday evenings (6:30pm). The more notice we have for planning, the more likely we will be able to accommodate
- Parties last for two hours, with the first 45 minutes dedicated to building / project time, a break for food, a second 45-minute block for improving, testing, or playing, and 15 minutes for cleanup
- We typically have one main project plus “open shop,” which is located either in the woodshop or in the electronics area, depending on what the primary project is. Due to staffing considerations, we do not open the whole space during birthday parties, and families are encouraged to choose which area they’d like to be in.
- Attendees will be able to use a variety of tools and materials to build their projects, which they will then be able to take home with them. Kids are encouraged to experiment with, customize, or ignore the set project if they want to make something of their own imagining.
- Most projects and party plans are designed to be held indoors in our space, though weather-permitting, some parties can have an outdoor component in Conway Park across the street from our shop.
For project and workshop inspiration, have a look at our list of workshop topics below, as well as our gallery of past classes and workshops.
- We will provide folding chairs and tables and set up an eating area for guests. You will bring any food, utensils, and decorations that you want to have. You can arrive as early as 30 minutes before the party to decorate.
- When the weather permits, you can also set up and have food outdoors in the picnic area of Conway Park, directly across the street from our space.
- Most parties cost $25 per guest unless extraordinary materials are required. The fee includes staff and materials for each student to build a project home to take home. The minimum charge is $200.
- We can accommodate groups of up to 25 attendees.
We rely on birthday parties and similar events to fund our sliding-scale and community outreach programs — when you have your birthday party with us, you are not only creating an awesome experience for your friends and family, you are also doing a small part to make these kinds of experiences accessible to as many kids as possible. Thank you!
Email us at email@example.com with questions or to schedule the party. Please try to give as much time as possible to schedule and arrange your special event. Thank you, and we look forward to working with you to make your party awesome and inspiring!
- Simple DC circuits
- Voltage, current, resistance
- Simple sensors
- Robotics and physical computing
- 3D modelling/printing
- Intro to woodshop
- Layout and graphic design
- Game Design
- Invention and creation
- Arts and Crafts
- Sewing and fabric arts
- Papercraft and Paper Mechanics
- Drawing, Painting, Animation
- Jewelry Making
- Take apart, building, reverse engineering
- How do things move?
- Mechanical systems
- Stories, animations, and video games in Scratch
- Programming Minecraft
- Java, Processing, Arduino