Campers and CITs coming to camp with prescription medication must submit an Individual Health Plan signed by the prescribing doctor prior to arrival at camp. PLEASE NOTE: This is only relevant for medications that will be administered at camp. For epipens and inhalers, an asthma or allergy action plan will suffice as an Individual Health Plan. All prescription medication must be given directly to the health care supervisor by the parent upon arrival. Please make sure to pick up unused medication at the end of the session.
Click here to fill out an Individual Health Care Plan and upload it to your Amilia account. PLEASE NOTE: This plan must be signed by a doctor in order to attend camp.
All campers and CITs are required to have the an updated physical (within the last two years) and an up-to-date immunization record on file, including the following vaccinations:
- MMR (2 doses)
- Polio (3 doses IPV or OPV or 4 doses mix IPV/OPV)
- Diphtheria, Tetanus Toxoids, and Pertussis: 4 doses DTaP/DTP/DT or, 3 doses of Td; booster dose of Td required for grades 7-10 if >5yrs since last dose of DTaP/DTP/DT; booster dose of TD required for grades 11-12 if >10 yrs since last dose of DTaP/DTP/DT
- Hep B: 3 doses if born on or after 1/1/92. Proof of vaccination, and a recent physical, is required one week prior to the first day of camp.
You can now upload immunizations and physical within your Amilia account. Campers and CITS without proof of vaccination will not be allowed to attend camp, as per Mass Health Department Regulations. For instructions about how to upload in Amilia go here.
How to pay your balance
If you elected to pay only the deposit when you signed up for camp, your credit card will be charged for the remaining balance the 1st of the month of your session start date. For example: Registered for a session that starts July 14 – your credit card will be charged the remaining balance July 1st. You can also pay earlier by logging into your account and scheduling a payment or by giving or mailing us a check — either way, the balance for camp is due 1 week before the first day of the camp session.
Checks, along with a record of who, and what sessions, they are paying form should be mailed to:
Parts and Crafts
577 Somerville Avenue
Somerville, MA, 02143
For detailed information about policies and procedures, check out the 2018 Parent Handbook.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where and when does camp happen? Camp runs for 9 weeks during the summer, from 9 am to 3 pm, with early and late care options beginning at 8 am and ending at 5:30 pm. Camp serves kids ages 7 to 13 (older kids are also welcome) and is hosted at the Parts and Crafts headquarters at 577 Somerville Avenue, in Somerville, MA. We run Monday through Friday from June 30 to August 30, excepting the 4th of July when we are off.
Can I come for just a week of a two week session? Many people have inquired as to whether they can sign up for one week only. The answer is, yes. Each week there will up to 10 slots that are available on a first-come first-serve basis, with one important caveat: If this is your child’s first time at camp, they MUST sign up for first week of any particular session before second-week slots will be open to them so that we can go over tool rules and guidelines and generally get them acquainted in the space.
Can I come for a few days of a week? Generally not. Our staffing logistics require hiring staff for a week or a session at a time, and so we are not equipped to deal with different amounts of kids in the space on different days.
Can I set up a payment plan?
Families registering for camp have the option of 2 payment plans:
- Pay 15% non-refundable deposit now and pay remaining balance on the first of the month every month up to your camp start date. Eg. On April 12 you register for Imaginary Worlds, worth $650. You pay $97.50 now, and $138.12 on May 1, June 1, and July 1, and August 1.
- Pay 15% non-refundable deposit now and the remaining balance on the first of the month prior to your camp start date. Eg. On April 12 you register for Imaginary Worlds, worth $650. You pay $97.50 now and $552.50 on August 1st.
What if I need to cancel? It’s fine to cancel sessions, but please keep in mind there is a 15% non-refundable deposit due for all summer camp programs at time of registration.